Subscribe for Asian Jokes &
50 Myths About China
- Only the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) can assure economic prosperity.
- Only the CCP can maintain societal stability.
- No one wants freedom.
- All Chinese demand national reunification meaning that the mainland must
take over Taiwan.
- The one child policy works.
- China is capitalist.
- The Tiananmen Massacre was necessary in order to prevent chaos.
- Only the CCP produces people capable of leading the country.
- Deng Xiaoping intended to implement democracy.
- 1 country 2 systems works.
- Mao unified China.
- Falun Gong wants to destroy China.
- The CCP opposes corruption.
- CCP is like the sun.
- The CCP cares about Chinese.
- The People's Liberation Army (PLA) has the ability to invade and take over
- The PLA won the 1979 war with Vietnam.
- 1 million dead PLA 'volunteers' in Korea constituted a victory.
- The PLA knows how to maintain the modern Russian aircraft and ships that
- Zhu Rongji wants to clean up corruption.
- Mainland corruption is not creeping into Hong Kong.
- Falun Gong is a political organization.
- Taiwan wants to invade the People's Republic of China (PRC).
- Taiwan wants to conspire with foreigners to attack the PRC.
- All references to China mean the PRC.
- Taiwan is part of China, the PRC is China, so Taiwan is part of the PRC.
This is the so-called 'one China principle'.
- Supporting the CCP is patriotic.
- The US has promised to respect the 'one China principle" as defined
by the PRC.
- Chinese are too poor to implement democracy or freedom.
- Democracy would lead China to social chaos and economic ruin
- Chinese are worried about filling their bellies, not freedom.
- The CCP is trying to implement a rule of law in China.
- The PRC judicial system is not a political tool.
- China has sovereignty over Taiwan.
- The government of the PRC is not a communist dictatorship.
- Tung Chee Hwa, the Chief Executive of Hong Kong, is not appointed by
- In China, government corruption is being brought under control.
- The CCP deserves credit for delivering economic success to the Chinese
- The 1989 student protests sought violent revolution.
- The CCP seeks what is best for China.
- The US wants to break up China.
- The US wants to use Taiwan as an unsinkable aircraft carrier from which to
- The CCP is a political party. (hint: it is a cult religion).
- The CCP has lifted Chinese out of poverty
- National Missile Defense (NMD) will start an arms race with China.
- PRC/CCP is not a banana republic.
- Jiang Zemin is not a traitor of Chinese nation.
- PRC will wipe out Falun Gong soon.
- PRC/CCP will last forever.
- Mao is still alive.